Puppies under the age of sixteen weeks are more "wolf-like" than they will ever be. It is important to understand how your young dog will learn to co-habitate with and contribute to our "human" world. At this impressionable age, most of your dog's behaviors are the product of instinct passed along by its wolf heritage. Knowing how to blend training that creates acceptable behaviors with the natural responses of your puppy is crucial in preparing for the formal training to come.
Our Puppy Preparatory School will guide you through the first few months of your young dog's life, teaching you the necessary knowledge and skills to help your puppy relationship get started right. Puppy Preparatory School includes 3 private lessons in your home to cover the following areas of concern:
1. Introduction to canine learning abilities and natural wolf-like behaviors
2. Husbandry issues to include:
- Crate Training
- Nipping / Mouthing
3. Training to include:
- Imprinting - Introducing the puppy to the concept of obedience
- Learning the spoken language
- Teaching simple behaviors using positive reinforcement techniques
Package of 3 Private Lessons: $325
Puppies must be under the age of 16 weeks to be eligible for the Puppy Preparatory School.